WhatsApp’s voice calling feature is now available for all Android users. The world’s most popular messaging app introduced this feature recently and rolled it out gradually to its Android users. If you are not an Android user, you’ll just have to wait a little longer to get this feature.
Now, let’s see how you can get Whatsapp calling feature activated on your Android device. The process isn’t as simple as updating WhatsApp to start using the voice calling features. It involves a couple more steps that you need to follow.
- Download the latest version of WhatsApp for Android from here. The latest version on WhatsApp’s website is 2.12.7, but if you’re downloading from Google Play, ensure that your device has version 2.11.561. Older versions don’t support this feature for all users.
- When you open the link on your phone you will see the screenshot shown on the right side. Click on Download button which you will find after scrolling down a bit.
- Once you have this version of WhatsApp installed on your Android phone, ask someone who has WhatsApp calling enabled to make a WhatsApp call to your number.
- Giving a missed call doesn’t work sometimes. You’ll have to receive the call and wait for a few seconds before disconnecting to activate WhatsApp voice calling.
- When the feature is enabled on your smartphone, you’ll see a new three-tab layout on WhatsApp, one each for Calls, Chats and Contacts.(shown below)
Have you used WhatsApp calling on Android? Does the feature work well? Let us know via the comments.